From Cape Town to Avo on Toast!

Here are a few impression of the Biscuit Mill Market in Cape Town & one of my favs- Avo à la Nadia on Toast!

1

2

After 2 weeks in beautiful Cape Town I'm back home in Switzerland. And it's cold here. Like really cold. Snowing, raining… Coming from 30 degrees and sunshine all day every day; this weather doesn't really put me in the best mood haha. Anyways, good food is always a life and mood saver and I'm happy to be back in my kitchen. I tanked so much energy and inspiration in Cape Town though! The food was delicious but like I just mentioned- happy to be back in my kitchen!

3
One of the first things a made when I was back home was Bananaicecream. Obviously! Followed by Avo on toast! Two of my favorite things ever! I had Avo on Toast in Cape Town as well but the avocados simply weren't that good. They're not in season there at the moment so that's maybe why they didn't have a the best taste..

4

5

6

I always make my avo on toast with a drizzle of lime, dukkah (a lot of dukkah!:P) and some cashew cream. You might as well use some Cashew Butter and mix it with a splash of soy or almond milk and spice it up with some salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, a little bit of chilli and a drizzle of maple syrup! It's actually the easiest thing to make but so incredibly tasty! On a thin & toasted slice of sourdough-rye toast, that's how I like it best. If you don't want to eat bread, simply drizzle some lemon juice on top of the avo, season with some sea salt and dukkah! A lot of dukkah haha!:P

7

8

9

On the other toast I simply spread some cashew cream, 2 slices of thinly cut watermelon radish fresh from the market, mashed avo and fresh cress. So, so good! But yeah, simply let your imagination run wild and try out new combinations. Cooking is like art. Some like this better, some like the other better. And you only know what you like once you try it!;)

9.5

9.6

That's what I loved abut Cape Town. People just try! They try combinations i've never heard of before and give the people the opportunity to have a real taste experience; wether it's in the restaurants in Cape Town or on the Market. And they always put so much love and creativity in plating the food!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.

Source: EatBetterNotLess.com