Berlin -Day 4. Breakfast in the Apartment, the Berlin Wall & Kreuzberg

Another great day it was! Hello back from Berlin!:) Today the sun finally came out! After my morning workout I decided to get some food at the grocery store and make a little brunch in my beautiful Visionapartment where I have a small kitchen. The sun was shining into the apartment on the 10th floor and with an amazing view over the city and some good, nourishing and healthy food, it's definitely not bad way to start into a new day!

_DSC6965

_DSC6773

_DSC6981

I made some hazelnut-millet porridge topped with baby-bananas, blueberries & raw chocolate, had some berries & other fruit on the side, a whole-wheat-nut bun with almond butter & homemade strawberry jam and of course, a big cup of coffee with hazelnut milk.

_DSC6857

_DSC7008

After taking some pictures I wanted to check out the 1.3 km long East side gallery, a memorial for freedom. I decided to walk because it was so beautiful and sunny! The streets here in Berlin are so unbelievably wide, long & seem endless compared to streets in Switzerland. But I love to explore a city by foot, you see and can take up so much more!

_DSC7059

_DSC7045

_DSC7061

The East Side Gallery consists of over 100 paintings painted by artists from all over the world in 1990, a year after the fall of the wall. The paintings are honestly so impressive & super expressive! From expressions of hope, hate, freedom, euphoria, loss, to sad- & madness and the wish for a better future- it's all shining through. I can't believe there was a wall separating Berlin only a bit over 26 years ago! And it's crazy to see how much Berlin has developed since then.

_DSC7090

_DSC7110

I kept walking along the river Spree,- passing people soaking up the sun by the river. I crossed the bridge, passing a girl playing some damn good live music- right to the Warschauer Strasse where I grabbed a smoothie at the highly recommended restaurant "The Bowl". It was delicious! Yum. yummy-yum! From there I took the train to Kreuzberg, a pretty hipster part of Berlin.

_DSC7099

_DSC7092

_DSC7096

I stopped at the Maybachufer to walk through the Turkish Market. There were mostly Turkish people there and lots of tourists as well. Oh how I love food markets.. Could spend all day on markets, honestly! And I was actually so shocked by how cheap some of the food was. Speaking of 4 mangoes for 2 €.( and yes, the mangoes were delicious!), 2kg of Strawberries for 3 €, 10 avocados for 2 € (yes you've read it right, 10 avocados haha). Like can I just fly this market to my garden in Switzerland?! Yes? Thank you haha! 10 avocados..like really?! :P

_DSC7149

_DSC7134

_DSC7146

From avocado-heaven thoughts I walked to a nice little artsy & super hipster cafe called "Roamers". What an amazing place! I've heard their brunch must be amazing. I was't feeling too hungry but guess what, I had another smoothie. It was a camomile-infused banana-oat smoothie. Amazing combo! That camomile in there made it to a real taste experience! I soaked up some sun holding my face up in the air as high as possible wishing for a nice summer-tan but gave up after 30 seconds because my neck started to hurt haha!;)

_DSC7117

_DSC7116

_DSC7121

After spending some time there and relaxing a bit, I and made myself on the way to go back to my Visionapartment. I wanted to walk all the way back through Kreuzberg but had to take the bus at some point because my estimated 28 blisters on my feet wouldn't allow me to walk all the way back.

_DSC7152

_DSC7156

The location of the apartment is so good though! Super close and in walking distance to everything in Berlin Mitte (considering you don't have blisters!) but then also close to tram and metro stations! The Alexanderplatz was still full of people laughing and having a good time. Such good vibes and a great atmosphere as well because the sun slowly started to set.

_DSC7159

_DSC7161

_DSC7187I quickly went back to my apartment and took some pictures on the balcony. Beautiful! On day 2 it was my back hurting like crazy, today it was my feet. But good thing there's a bed in my apartment (would be weird if there wasn't one yes :P) to lay down and upload all the pictures while having some strawberries from the market.

_DSC7179

I had to get ready for dinner soon because I made a reservation. I was actually super excited because lots of poeple told me to go there. Let's just say the dinner was overpriced and not very good for my taste.. It's hard to please everybody!;) But now it's time for bed, I'm a bit exhausted. Turning off the lights and popping the balloons on my feet, pop, pop, good night, adios, see you hopefully again tomorrow, pop, popedipop.

_DSC6979

x Nadia :)

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Source: EatBetterNotLess.com