Cheese Enchiladas

Cheese-Enchiladas-4.jpg

The BEST homemade Cheese Enchiladas! Our favorite authentic cheese enchiladas are easy, fast and insanely delicious! 

The BEST homemade Cheese Enchiladas! Our favorite authentic cheese enchiladas are easy, fast and insanely delicious! | Tastes Better From Scratch

I am a teeny-tiny ok HUGE snob when it comes to Mexican food. My husband and I spent a few months living in Mexico and everything I thought I knew about Mexican food was changed. I came away with tons of favorite recipes, like Authentic Mexican Rice, delicious homemade corn tortillas, homemade tamales (I swear someday I will get around to sharing that tutorial) and my favorite homemade horchata!  My idea of good "tacos" is super snobby now too. There's nothing quite like an authentic Mexican street taco!

The BEST homemade Cheese Enchiladas! Our favorite authentic cheese enchiladas are easy, fast and insanely delicious! | Tastes Better From Scratch

The BEST homemade Cheese Enchiladas! Our favorite authentic cheese enchiladas are easy, fast and insanely delicious! | Tastes Better From Scratch

There's a restaurant in my home town of Park City that makes some pretty legit Mexican food. I love their Camarones a la Diabla and street tacos, but my all-time favorite thing on the menu is their cheese enchiladas. They make them just how I loved them when we lived in Mexico!

Super cheesy, served with red sauce and shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, cotija cheese and sour cream on top. They are HEAVENLY. My husband and I could eat these at least once a week. And the best part–they're super, super EASY! If you use a great brand of canned enchilada sauce, they're even easier. Or you can always make the sauce from scratch! Olé! 

Cheese Enchiladas

Ingredients

  • 12-14 white corn tortillas
  • 5-6 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 (20 ounce) can red enchilada sauce, or use my homemade enchilada sauce
  • 1 cup thinly shredded cabbage
  • 1 roma tomato, diced
  • 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese, for topping (optional)
  • Sour cream, for topping

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Spread a very thin layer of enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9x13'' baking pan. 
  3. Fill each corn tortilla with a handful for cheese, roll up, and place seam-side down in the baking dish. You can pack them fairly close together. Smooth enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle a little bit of extra shredded cheese on top of the enchiladas.
  4. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Top each enchilada with a little shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, cotija cheese and a drizzle of sour cream. 
  5. Serve with Authentic Mexican Rice and Semi-Homemade Refried Beans

3.1

http://ift.tt/2beNPey

Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on:  

The BEST homemade Cheese Enchiladas! Our favorite authentic cheese enchiladas are easy, fast and insanely delicious! | Tastes Better From Scratch

RELATED POSTS

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Source: Tastes Better From Scratch