Berlin Day 5. -From chocolate-heaven to spotting my cookbook & amazing views

I knew it was gonna be a good day when the sun was shining into my Visionapartment at 7.30 a.m! Honestly no better way to wake up. On my Day 5 in Berlin I decided to rent a bike for the day. Best idea ever! You get around so quickly, see way more during an entire day and my blister feet were pretty thankful for not walking around again all day long. There's just so much to do and see in Berlin, it can get quite exhausting if you're walking around all day long.. I also rented the bike because I wanted to explore the area all the way in the west. I put on my boots and leatherjacket, packed my bag (very light compared to the previous days!), put on my sunglasses and not to forget- my Berlin City-Map :P

_DSC7211

_DSC7246

First stop (how else could it be) was breakfast! I enjoyed a delicious Almond-Cinnamon-Cappucino & a Porridge with Hot Berries & crunchy granola on top at "Spreegold", close to Alexanderplatz (only about a 5 minutes bikeride from my apartment but breakfast always comes first :P). I don't know about you guys but to me- porridge is one of the best things ever and you can make so many different kinds, it never gets boring!

_DSC7256

From there I simply rode my bike through the streets without really knowing where I was going.. But since I had the whole day ahead of me I didn't really care because like I said, with the bike you're so much faster than by foot. And it's also nice to sometimes just go with the flow right?! ;) Next stop was a market somewhere in the middle of Berlin. There were lots of Turkish people there and also the food was mainly Turkish. For example 2 women making Gözleme.(if you haven't tried it yet, do it as soon as you get the chance! Super unhealthy but so good you don't even care!;)) It's a flatbread made with Yufka Dough, brushed with butter and eggs, usually filled with feta and spinach, folded and then cooked over the griddle you see on the picture below.
There were also a few stands where they were making freshly pressed pomegranate juice. I got one and another one. So delicious!

_DSC7262

_DSC7267

After the market I hopped back on my bike taking a ride through the city, passing sights such as the "Brandenburger Tor" and the "Reichtstags Building". (The 2 pictures you see below I took while I was riding the bike, swanky swanky :P) When I was at the Brandenburger Tor 2 days ago the sun wasn't out. It looked a lot different kinda. Same same but different, as a Thai Person would say it!;) But both have really impressive constructions!

_DSC7270

_DSC7273

_DSC7284

_DSC7289

From there I rode my bike all the way through the absolutely beautiful "Tierpark" (a pretty big green park), directly to the Victory Column of Berlin. Stop, click, click, foto check, done, yap!

_DSC7312

_DSC7301

From there I went to the "Winterfeldmarkt". A market with lots of fresh fruit, veggies and much more. I locked my bike somewhere along a beautiful side street and initially wanted to walk through the market but then- I spotted the Winterfeld Chocolate Cafe. Couldn't resist to go into the land of chocolate, buy like 5 different kinds of dark chocolate AND order a thick and creamy hot chocolate. Anything chocolaty and creamy makes me happy! C'mon I'm Swiss, how else could it be!:P

_DSC7318

_DSC7330

After enjoying every. single. spoon. of my hot chocolate outside in the sun I rode my bike directly to "KADEWE", the largest department store in Continental Europe with over 40'000-50'000 visitors each day. Incredible! From what it looks like inside you can kind of compare it to the Harrods in London. There's a lot of luxury brands in there as well. I checked out every floor and GUESS WHAT??? I SPOTTED MY BOOOOOOOK YIPPAAAH! :D Haha you're actually not allowed to take any pictures in the building but I was the like: another one, now one from above, one from this angle (and I was smiling like a new born monkey (i can imagine they are smiling when they are born ^_^)) simply because it made me super happy to see my book there! In Berlin! Would not have expected that at all.:)

_DSC7341

With happiness-feeling-explosions I took the stairs to the 6th floor where it was all about (mostly high quality) food. I simply walked around and stopped at the Chocolate Stand to buy some more chocolate haha. Dark pralines with caramelised hazelnuts inside it was, my absolute favorite! Yap you can definitely say I felt like eating chocolate this day!;)
Super close from there is another small shopping complex called "BIKINI". A super hipster place with mostly brands and stores I've never seen or heard of before. But lots of individual artists who created some pretty cool stuff I have to say!

_DSC7366

bikini

_DSC7355

Close to BIKINI the is a super popular bar called "Monkey Bar". It's a rooftop bar where a DJ is playing chill music and people are simply having a good time. They serve lots of specialty cocktails, many other drinks, small snacks and of course- the view from up there is AMAZING! No wonder people are standing in line to simply have a few drinks up there!

_DSC7368

view

It was already around 6 p.m. so I had to ride my bike back to the all the way through the city because I planned to met the lovely Eloise from Australia (we met over Instagram ;)) for dinner at Dudu's. Ahh it's just one of the most beautiful feelings to just feel free, feel the wind in your face and blowing through your hair, feel the heat of the sun on your skin, be in the clouds with your thoughts and simply be a nobody in a city with millions of people. Until you almost crash with a tree. Hahah I honestly have no idea how I never made an accident before!:P

_DSC7376

bbaa

Yap, same sushi restaurant I went to a few days ago but it was simply so incredibly delicious like "youveneverhadtastiersushiinyourlife"-delicious that I had to show Eloise, who actually moved to Berlin now with her boyfriend. On the way back I took a few more pics of the beautiful evening light in the streets of Berlin. We got Edamame, a Wakame Salad and a huge Sushi-Platter for 2. And Prosecco! :P We were both pretty blown away and had a super fun time. Eloise told me a bit about Australia and I need to go there. Everything sounds pretty amazing!;)

_DSC7385

_DSC7394

Well for now it was Berlin and not Australia; but I had another great day! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and I will keep you posted on my Social Media accounts for my next posts!:)
xx Nadia

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Source: EatBetterNotLess.com