CASTELLO DEL SOLE- the warmest welcome you can get!

_NDR3154 copy

Last week I was invited to the Hotel Castello del Sole in Ascona in TICINO, which lies in the south of Switzerland. It has probably the warmest climate of Switzerland and a super Italian flair. The language they speak there is Italian, the mentality the poeple have there is kind of Italian and the food? Well, definitely Italian. Pasta, Pizza e Gelato in every corner! I love it! Not only because it's always warm & sunny, I also feel like I'm on a holiday whenever I go there even though it's still in Switzerland. Plus, my grandparents have been living there for the past 20 years or so, so it's always nice to go visit them of course!;)

_NDR3321

_NDR3158 copy

My stay at Castello del Sole was super relaxing from A-Z. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left, everything was taken care of with so much kindness and every desire was fulfilled before I could've even asked for it. I got a super nice suite with the most beautiful view on the lake and over the hotel area. But it's not a hotel area you're probably thinking of right now.  The hotel is a 14-hectare resort with it's own beautiful gardens, wine plantation, herb garden and ricefield! How amazing is that?! I want a ricefield in my garden haha. I've been pretty addicted to rice lately. And the resort really feels like freedom because you simply have so much space. Even when the hotel is full, you almost feel like there's barely anyone there. So perfect to shut down!

_NDR3174

The first night we experienced an exquisite Dinner at Locanda Barbarossa,  a Gourmet Restaurant in the hotel that has been awarded with 18 Gault Millau points and one Michelin Star. I can only say that the service was on point and the food on double-point haha!:P What I wanna say is, we really just had a lovely evening with amazing food and wine! -Talking about homemade pasta, a risotto-truffle dish (with the rice from the garden of course ;)), decadent desserts and like 3 other courses mhhhh.. I'm not a typical gourmet, but it's nice to experience something like this every once in a while. It also shows me how different the kitchen can be! I mean compared to how I cook it's a completely different world. And that's also what I love about cooking; your creativity and inspiration can never run wild enough, there's always a new idea popping up in your head, a new way of making something and combining different ingredients & spices to create new tastes. And when it comes to the taste, you can definitely tell if the food you have in front of you, was cooked with passion or not. And that's the most important thing, to be a passionate cook, no matter if you cook at a gourmet restaurant or in a small restaurant somwhere in the middle of nowhere. Passion in combination with the sinsitivity for amazing combinations has an irresistible taste everyone is going to fall in love with immediately! You're welcome for the tip! :P

_NDR3332

_NDR3239

With a full belly I went to bed getting exctied for the breakfast buffet already! I'm such a breakfast person and could probably eat it all day.  I like to be hungry before I eat so I usually work out first thing in the morning. So I decided to get up early and go for a run along the lake and swim in the outdoor pool before breakfast. Aaahhh just love the feeling after a good morning workout when every one is still asleep and it's still a bit chilly outside. Great to free your mind and it's honestly balm for the soul! After that it was finally time for breakfast. A beautifully presented buffet with everything the hearts desires. Fresh breads, about 10 different homemade fruit juices, a granola station with seeds & kernels, super sweet & fresh fruit (I've never had sweeter pineapple in Switzerland before! YUM!) and much more. After my 3 Soy-Cappucinos, 2 bowls of fruit, oats & granola I was pretty full and satisfied.

_NDR3132

_NDR3139

When I got back to my room, I was surprised with an appointment for a beauty facial treatment! After the woman who did my treatment put cream nr. 6 on my face, I stopped counting. So many different creams & balms and whatsoever. It was super relaxing and I was super happy with the result; my skin felt like babyskin. With the color of a tomato. And I looked like I just came out of a tornado. But I guess that's kind of normal after a facial treatment haha :P

_NDR3168

_NDR3328

The rest of the day I was working on new recipes & products by the beach & pool, had a delicious lunch outside at Ristorante Parco Saleggi and then on of my bestie's arrived at the hotel to join me for a night. We took another swim, checked out the SPA area (amen!!) and got ready to have dinner at the Ristorante Tre Stagioni. Yet another super delicious 4-course menu, great service & good chats with my friend Alice. She's 9 months pregnant now and I will be the godmother of the little baby boy. So exciting! :D She had to leave early in the morning due to an appointment. I also got up early, went for a quick workout and enjoyed the breakfast buffet before I got a quick tour around the hotel with the lovely Carla who's responsible for Sales & Marketing at the hotel and always made sure I had everything I needed during my stay! She showed me around the rice field, vineyards & gardens. It was soon time to leave already because I had get back to Zurich in the afternoon.

_NDR3264

_NDR3269

_NDR3274

_NDR3373

Thank you very much Castello Del Sole, I really enjoyed my short stay and it was great to shut down for a couple of days and of course- thanks for being so good to my tummy who went back to Zurich full, satisfied & with inspiration for new recipes! And thanks for the homemade Sea Salt, gotta love a good salt! Always gives a reason to add some pepper and spice in the life as well!;)

xx N

In friendly collaboration with the Hotel Castello del Sole.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Source: EatBetterNotLess.com